- Congratulations to Mr. Milton Gager on his appointment as Justice of the Peace for the parish of St. Mary.
- Arlene Harris on being elected to the National Bursar’s Executive as the Portland’s representative.
- Congratulations to Dr. Amorella Lamont on her planning a successful inter-faculty Debate competition. The Faculty of Agriculture emerged winner and the Faculty of Science second place. The best speaker of the competition was Ms. Shamora Brown from the Faculty of Science.
- Markland Murphy on planning the two days Science Expo. It was noted that the Minister of Education was in attendance.
- Congratulations to Dr. Seymour Webster for his initiative in planning a training workshop on Genetic Improvement of Cocoa planting material for Jamaica using modern technologies. It was pointed out that representatives from Trinidad were also in attendance at the Workshop.
- Four students attended the Governor General’s National Consultative Conference, and Ms. Francine Palmer, first Year Natural Science student won a gate prize of a airline ticket to any destination except London.
- Congratulations to the Chairman on her continued work in sourcing scholarships for students of which the following are the latest: (1) Dennis French (2) Portmore.