OVERALL GOVERNANCE OF THE COLLEGE
Under the authority of a board of management, appointed by the Minister of Education, Youth and Culture.
Provision is made for the inclusion of representatives from the Faculty, Administrative and Ancillary Staff and Student Body, on the Board of Management. The board is a policy-making body capable of reflecting the public’s interest in its activities and decisions.
It ensures that the college’s educational programmes are of high quality, is responsible for overseeing the financial health and integrity of the institution, and confirms that institutional practices are consistent with the board-approved institutional mission statement and policies.
The board establishes broad institutional policies and appropriately delegates responsibility to implement these policies.
Board of Management of the College of Agriculture Science and Education
- Dr. Aundre Franklin, CD – Chairman
- Dr. Derrick Deslandes President
- Mr. Andrew Warwar
Vice Chairman – HR, Investment & Projects
- Mr. Sean Azan Director
Procurement, Property & Production
- Ms. Shanique Green Director
Student Affairs & Community Outreach
- Dr. Brianna Schwapp Director
- Ms. Windy-Ann Lowe Director – Legal Affairs
- Mr. Peter Hanson – ASACASE Representative
- Ms. Veronica Palmer
Administrative & Ancillary Representative
- Mr. Dermon Spence – Director
- Dr. Phylicia Marshall – Director
- Dr. Dwight Robinson Director
Finance & Administration
- Dr. Suzanna Holness Director
Educational Policy & Strategic Development
- Ms. Rachael McDonald Director – Public Relations & Marketing
- Mr. Christopher Honeyghan
Student Council President
- Mr. Devon Case – Board Secretary
SUB-COMMITTEES OF THE BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
- Appointment and Promotions
- Finance and General Purpose
- Planning and Development
- Disciplinary and Appeals
- Human Resource and Industrial Relations
- Corporate Governance and Audit
- Grounds, Buildings and Premises
Board members are usually selected for their special expertise and this is reflected in the Chairmanship and membership of the various Committees. Previous Boards have been very effective and provided effective guidance to the College’s Administrators, resulting in the phenomenal development of the College over the short time. Senior members of the College Administration may be invited to the Board meetings as observers and may become members of the Board Committees where their portfolio expertise is used in decision making.