THE DIRECTORATE OF STUDENTS AFFAIRS
This division is responsible for all of the social programmes of the college within the domain of activities categorized as “co-curricular”. The division has responsibility for and carries out its core functions in the following areas: Catering, Health, Recreation and Sports, Discipline Administration, (including Guidance and Counselling), Students’ Welfare, Clubs and Societies.
Student Affairs provide support services to students that will facilitate their personal growth and development and academic success. Members of staff are committed to providing prompt and courteous service. Interventions are directed toward promoting the development of individuals who are professionally qualified, articulate, culturally aware, environmentally and health-conscious, ethically motivated and morally sensitive.
CORE PHILOSOPHY OF THE DIRECTORATE
NEW STUDENTS ORIENTATION
KEY RATIONALE OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Work Ethic
- Team Player
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Effective communication and confidence
- Critical thinking
- Collaboration, conflict management and negotiation skills
With the above in mind each year, the Office of Student Affairs, develop and implement an orientation programme based on the following objectives:
- To welcome students and to make them feel comfortable, relaxed and trusting.
- To acquaint students with the layout of the Campus.
- To help students understand the structure of the institution – Halls, Faculties,Departments, Student Council, Campus, University.
- To acquaint students with the regulations governing Campus facilities and activities e.g. Halls of residence, health centre, libraries, examinations, faculty offices, use of the shuttle