The Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Studies is designed with industry participation and advice. It seeks to provide students with an opportunity to develop knowledge, competencies, and skills in areas of marketing, finance, accounting and human resource management. Students are exposed to industry practices and experiences as much as possible during the delivery of the programme. The programme is also dynamic because of the methods of assessment that are used. Students, to a large extent, have conducted research-based activities, lots of application assignments and a period of internship to be done in the industry. The programme is a two-year programme including summer sessions and is also offered on a part-time basis.
Applicant must possess an Associate degree issued by the CCCJ.
It should be noted that the qualifying degree must be in an area relevant to the intended programme of study. Applicants who fail to meet this criterion will be required to complete the necessary bridging courses at the Associate degree level prior to being afforded acceptance.
- Alternate forms of articulation
- A current student who has ended the final semester of a CCCJ Associate degree programme and trailing no more than six (6) credits.
The following conditions shall apply.
- The qualifying degree must be in an area relevant to the intended programme of study.
- The outstanding credits cannot be from a first year course.
- The outstanding credits cannot be from a course leading to a specialization/major.
- Equivalent qualification(s) as determined by the CCCJ
- Mature Status as determined by the CCCJ
Programme Duration and Credits
- The Bachelors in Business Administration programme may be completed within 2 years Fulltime and 3 years part time which includes summers
- The programme has a total of 70 credits